Sunday, January 27, 2008

Day 27: Sad News


I found out tonight that the President of our Church (we are LDS/Mormon), Gordon B. Hinckley, has passed away. This was one of the most amazing men to walk this earth. He's basically been the president for most of the time that I've been a member, and his sunny outlook and beautiful talks have always made me think and given me hope. His wife was such a sweet woman as well, a beautiful speaker and you could tell how in love they were, even after 67 years of marriage. I really hope CJ and I are as happy as they were after that long.

Rest in peace, President Hinckley. You will be missed greatly, but we know that you are happy and once again with your beloved Marjorie. Thank you for the example that you set for all of us, and the faith you showed the world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, he was a remarkable man. Like a universal grandfather--a very wise one.